Friday, January 11, 2013

Time and Space -=Sober=-

When I set out to modify my smoking habits, I did not expect that I would feel this good, this quickly.

I think that this time I am looking for the positives of my "rehabilitation," rather than focusing on what I'm losing.  Sure, every time I've done this before I've felt good to some extent...but this is an all around FUCK YEAH.  I have weed in the house and can smoke anytime.  I CHOOSE NOT TO RUN!

Time is new too.  Browsing through r/leaves you will find post after post of people warning of too much free time and boredom.  Good advice they give, to plan to fill that time with hobbies.  But take a look around and see what's falling apart first.  All of a sudden you have an abundance of free time, and you are no longer working under the same daily constraints.  You and you're life should be viewed as a piece of heavy machinery.  It needs to be oiled, yo.  Dishes need to be done.

On a day that I smoke, time is everything.  What time do I have to get off the couch?  When can I get really blazed?  I have things to do...when  do I have to have those things done in order to get fucking wasted?  As a habitual smoker, you split your time (seemingly) between being high and useless, and being sober and useless- wishing you were high.  We'll call the latter the "DMZ."  You may not be taking fire, but you're wounded from the smoking session from the day before.  You're bleeding apathy.  You look up to the "trees" and wish a sniper with a fat blunt would put you out of your misery.

So in the last two days, without the restriction of getting high or the apathy induced by it... I can do anything I want at any time of the day.  This I have discovered, is a basic tenant of the recreational smoker.  Activity first, drug second.

No comments:

Post a Comment