Sunday, January 20, 2013

Situation Awareness -=sober=-

It's been two weeks since I quit smoking.  In pursuit still of the recreational user.  I won't be comfortable smoking until I'm working again, but the thought of being high anytime soon does upset me a bit.

Without the right mentality, one hit is a dangerous slope.  The recreational user can smoke a little and return to sobriety, a pothead will find any excuse to keep smoking.

I continue to pay more attention to myself-how I feel, pitfalls and triumphs.  I'm not quite as productive as I'd like to be, but I'm getting the hang of sobriety.  I think that once I get on a regular diet and exercise like a champ, I'm going to find myself churning out "stuff" like a champ.  I will finish my screenplay soon.  I will bask in the bright pride of a feature-length script that is not only finished, but good enough to share.  My low self-esteem is responsible for my perfectionism.  My fear of failure keeps me in traction.  With my head above the clouds, I can deal with these personal hurdles like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment